Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Oh My Young Poster Child

In the shadowed depths of love's cruel jest,  
I sit and ponder, heart heavy in my chest.  
Why does this pain, like a ravenous beast,  
Gnaw at my soul, never ceasing, never ceased?

We were fragments, broken yet bold,  
Merging in a story, falsely told.  
Cosmically destined, or so I believed,  
In your web of deceit, thoroughly deceived.

You slithered in, a serpent's grace,  
Wedging between my children, a darkened space.  
My ex, now distant, a gaze turned cold,  
In your game of control, a pawn you boldly hold.

Cowardice, your cloak, evasion your art,  
Leaving me shattered, a broken heart.  
But hear me now, as I reclaim my throne,  
In this life's play, I shall prosper alone.

Your memory, a shadow, dark and grim,  
A reminder of hate, on the brim.  
A lesson in what not to seek, not to find,  
A warning to friends, of your kind unkind.

Poster child of heartache, bearer of deceit,  
In your absence, my triumph, bitter yet sweet.  
Though you haunt my thoughts, in disdain, not regret,  
It's in forgetting you, my final bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment