Thursday, January 25, 2024



I waged a war with memories, a brave and noble fight,

To purge you from my history, from morning into night.

Deleted every trace, from Valentine's to mistletoe,

Our weekend escapades, now just a vanishing echo.


I stumbled upon relics, in every nook and cranny,

Photos, gifts, and trinkets, more abundant than a granny's.

Each a painful reminder of the circus you had led,

But I juggled all those sorrows and tossed them out instead.


At first, each deletion felt like a prickly thorn,

But with every swipe, a new me was born.

Now I live in technicolor, no more monochrome days,

Since you're not my future Mrs., life's a dazzling maze.


I once thought you were it, the endgame, the final round,

But you turned out to be a clown, not worth a single pound.

A farewell to the drama queen, with her crown of lies,

I've traded your masquerade for clear, unclouded skies.


Now I salsa solo, under the moon's radiant gleam,

No longer trapped in your telenovela, or so it would seem.

I've found solace in the silence, laughter in the breeze,

Life's a solo concert now, and I play with ease.


Gone are the nights, soaked in sorrow's rain,

Now my chuckles echo, free from your chain.

In solitude I've blossomed, in quietude I thrive,

Away from your chaos, I'm jubilantly alive.


So here's to my rebirth, from your ashes I ascend,

To a future untainted, no need to pretend.

To the love yet to come, to hearts yet to meet,

In a life sans you, every moment is sweet.


I'll toast to this finale, to my heart's great escape,

From your twisted script, I'm now in great shape.

Your ghost fades in my rearview, a mere speck in the night,

As I speed towards dawn, in my newfound light.


No comments:

Post a Comment