Friday, May 3, 2024

Brighter Days


In years that passed, my heart was weighed down,  
With pain that seemed endless, drowning in frowns.  
My spirit was shattered, hope had waned,  
Lost in a storm where sorrow reigned.  

Counseling, therapy, night and day,  
The only things that kept darkness at bay.  
Then came a moment when shadows gave way,  
And I saw in the mirror a brighter display.  

Once, my reflection was empty and bleak,  
Eyes full of despair, my spirit was weak.  
But now they gleam with joy anew,  
For I cherish the man whose face I view.  

No longer afraid to stand alone,  
To seek joy within, not needing a throne.  
You thought you'd break me, drown me in pain,  
But it passed like a fierce summer rain.  

Short, yet intense, but here I stand tall,  
Proud of the person who's endured it all.  
I'm glad you’re distant, I'm glad you’re away,  
You never belonged in my life anyway.  

You called when my self-esteem was low,  
Settling for garbage, not knowing to say no.  
But now that junk is where it belongs,  
And you can kiss my rump as I sing my song.

No comments:

Post a Comment