Friday, May 3, 2024

A Friend, Indeed!


In days of dread and gloom, the world seemed to fall,
Amidst whispers of plague, with hearts in a thrall.
I found solace in a friend, unique in their glow,
But for reasons unclear, our bond would ebb and flow.

Yet when you needed refuge, my door opened wide,
A shoulder to lean on, in sorrow abide.
My heart was shattered, needing time to mend,
In your warmth, I sought the solace of a friend.

But distance grew cold, like a task I'd become,
Until the veil lifted and revealed what you'd done.
Your whispers spread lies, sowing seeds of doubt,
Searching for ghosts that never came about.

You craved a car, and a sculpted face,
Your hints were loud in this twisted chase.
But when I questioned, you didn’t defend,
Exposed, and distant, to what bitter end?

One day you'll seek a friend, with acceptance to share,
No judgment, no masks, but love laid bare.
You once were a friend, but now, it's plain to see,
You’ve become a stranger, who means nothing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment