Wednesday, January 10, 2024

The Same Headspace

In the depths of my soul, I finally see,
The source of my darkness, the truth about me.
I don't like the man in the mirror's gaze,
A reflection of weakness, a soul in a haze.

I've become what I despise, it's crystal clear,
The epitome of weakness, I face that fear.
A man who needs a babysitter to find his way,
Someone to belong to, day after day.

I thrive on human touch, more than food or drink,
As asinine as it sounds, it's what makes me think.
How did I end up here, in this inner fight,
Living day by day with someone I can't quite like?

It's easy when it's a roommate, or a distant face,
To move away, find a new and different place.
But when you share your skin, and the same head too,
The battle's within, a struggle to renew.

So I'll void this journey, embrace the knife,
To yearn for love it is my bread of life.
For within these depths, I have lost my way,
To never be at peace with the man I am today.

They say seek self-acceptance, from the inside out,
And let self-love grow, dispelling all doubt.
In the same skin, in the same head,
Living life like this, I'd rather be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment