Sunday, January 7, 2024

Unrest

 



In the whirlwind of my mind's unrest,

I harbor anger in my chest.

Trying to shield, to fend, to fight,

Yet inside, it dims my light.


A confession, mighty, lurks within,

Admitting it feels like a sin.

A paradox in my soul's night,

A truth my words dare not recite.


I'm fed opposites, a complex game,

Yet the truth remains the same.

I love her, in pain's sharp bite,

In chaos's dance, in fear's flight.


Eyes closed, I seek a flaw, a crack,

But her image pushes darkness back.

Her smile, her touch, her laugh so bright,

In my bitterness, they're my light.


At a crossroads, torn and frayed,

My feelings, a secret, heavily weighed.

In whispers, in roars, they yearn to be free,

Yet I cage them, in silent decree.


In solitude's grasp, I face my fears,

Love's revelation, through unshed tears.

Terrifying, yet it soars, it takes flight,

In my quiet battle, in my heart's plight.


How to embrace what feels like betrayal?

How to admit, and not feel frail?

These questions, they haunt, they keep me awake,

In my heart's labyrinth, in my mind's quake.


These words, a journey, not seeking an end,

But a path to understanding, to slowly mend.

Perhaps courage will come, in day or in night,

Until then, I battle, in my inner fight.





No comments:

Post a Comment