Monday, November 27, 2023

Unbelievable!



Dear Diary,

Today was a day that will forever be etched in my memory as the worst one I've ever experienced. It's a stark reminder of the stigma that still surrounds mental health conditions, and how easily we can be dismissed and ridiculed when we dare to open up about our struggles.

I've always been careful to conceal my mental health issues. I've learned to hide my struggles, to put on a brave face, and to pretend that everything is okay. The fear of judgment, of being labeled as weak or unstable, has always been a powerful force in my life. But today, I decided to take a risk. I met someone new, someone I thought I could connect with, and I decided to share a part of myself that I've kept hidden for so long. I told them about my battles with anxiety and depression.

Her reaction was not what I had hoped for. She laughed. She scoffed. She got up and left!

I was left feeling humiliated, confused, and utterly heartbroken. It was like a knife to the heart, a reminder that even those who seem like they might understand can turn their backs on us when our truth is revealed. I couldn't help but think of Antonella, someone who once claimed to be my friend. When she found out about my BPD, she reacted in the same way – with laughter, disbelief, and abandonment.

It's a painful realization that even those we trust can be the ones who hurt us the most.

But I'm not going to let this experience define me. I'm not going to let the stigma silence me. I'm going to keep speaking up, keep sharing my story, and keep fighting for a world where mental health is not something to be ashamed of.

I'm not alone in this battle. There are millions of others who are fighting the same fight. Together, we can break the stigma and create a world where everyone feels safe and supported.

No comments:

Post a Comment