Thursday, November 2, 2023

Betrayal


 In the depths of my heart, a wound so deep,

A betrayal so profound, I cannot sleep.

She, who I trusted, with a smile so bright,

Turned out to be a shadow, cloaked in night.


With lies in her eyes, and venom in her tongue,

She weaved a web of deceit, where I was strung.

She played the part, a friend so true,

While her heart was plotting, what she'd do.


She feigned affection, a confidante's guise,

All the while, her blade was poised to rise.

She stole my love, my trust, my very soul,

Leaving me shattered, a gaping hole.


Her actions echoed, a ripple's effect,

Causing pain and sorrow, I can't forget.

She built a wall, a fortress of lies,

Where love and trust could never arise.


She poisoned the well, where hearts once drank,

Leaving bitterness and despair, on life's blank plank.

Her life-stealing ways, a venomous art,

Tore apart the fabric, of a loving heart.


Oh, the pain she inflicted, beyond belief,

A wound so deep, it cuts like a reef.

She shattered my faith, in all that's good,

Leaving me stranded, in a misunderstood.


But from the ashes, I'll rise anew,

With a heart guarded, and a spirit true.

I'll mend the wounds, and find my way,

To a love that's pure, and a brighter day.


For I know that I'm worthy, of love's embrace,

A love that's honest, and full of grace.

And though she tried to break me, I'll stand tall,

For I'm stronger than her, I'll conquer all.

No comments:

Post a Comment