Saturday, March 23, 2024

Shattered


You shattered me, the final soul I believed  
Held my well-being above all, a deceptive weave.  
Your care, it seemed, was but a conditional art,  
Present only when it served your heart.  

You profess love, claim I'm your true desire,  
Yet with another, you kindle a lesser fire.  
You lament their clinginess, seek refuge in my grace,  
But replicate the wrongs, a familiar disgrace.  

You've razed the trust I once freely gave,  
Leaving me to navigate a lonely, wary wave.  
Now, you stand with those who've shown me clear,  
What I seek not in life, whom to steer near.  

This lesson, though harsh, has opened my eyes,  
To discern truth amidst a sea of lies.  
I'll forge ahead, with a heart both wary and wise,  
Seeking a love that no longer disguises its guise.

No comments:

Post a Comment