Monday, February 5, 2024

The Hunger

In every dawn's soft, whispered light,
I find you in my thoughts so bright.
Almost every waking hour, it's true,
My mind, my heart, yearns just for you.

More than the desert craves the rain,
More than the night yearns for day to gain,
My soul, it hungers deep and vast,
For you, my love, from first to last.

Not food nor drink can quench this need,
It's you alone that my heart feeds.
Like rivers flow to meet the sea,
So does my spirit reach for thee.

Through every moment, dark and light,
In crowded day or lonely night,
Your presence is my guiding star,
Close in soul, though miles afar.

Your laughter, a melody so sweet,
In memory, our moments meet.
Your touch, a warmth in winter's cold,
Your love, a story yet untold.

This hunger, deep, it does not wane,
But grows with each day, again and again.
A craving no feast could ever sate,
For you, my love, I willingly wait.

So know this truth, let it be clear,
My love for you, ever near.
In every breath, in every sigh,
For you, my love, until I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment