Friday, February 2, 2024

My Punishment

In this realm of shadows where deceptions breed,  
I stood accused, her plot sowed the seed.  
She claimed I was the storm in her calm,  
A lie so cruel, it lost its charm.

She stacked the decks, played her hand with glee,  
A game where I was blind, but now I see.  
"I hurt her?" No, but the accusation was cast,  
A future tainted, a shadow vast.

The truth emerged from behind her mask,  
Admitting her deceit, a daunting task.  
"It was just to punish you," she confessed,  
Her words, a dagger, left me distressed.

The real torment wasn't in chains or bars,  
But in the betrayal, under the stars.  
She was my love, my soon-to-be wife,  
Yet she chose to cut me out of her life.

My punishment lies in the love I lost,  
In her arms, another's lines crossed.  
While she planned our wedding, dressed in white,  
She lay with another, extinguishing our light.

This agony isn't in the might-have-beens,  
Or in the dreams swallowed by sins.  
It's in the knowledge of her deceit,  
In the echoes of her retreat.

Yet, from this abyss, I find my rise,  
Not in hatred, but in being wise.  
Her punishment, a self-made cage,  
Mine, to turn this pain into sage.

So here I stand, amidst the ruins, reborn,  
No longer her pawn, no longer forlorn.  
For in my heart, a new dawn breaks,  
A stronger self, from all my aches.

No comments:

Post a Comment