Thursday, February 29, 2024

Curtis Is My Name

In the twilight of a dream, I stand, Curtis by name, a heart wide open,
Bearing scars from battles fought, and words unspoken,
A veteran of life's harsh wars, not just those in lands afar,
Longing for a bond unbroken, a love that's fixed like the North Star.

I've chased the shadows of status, wealth, and worldly praise,
Believed in the hollow echo of prosperity's maze.
Yet, in the quiet of the night, beneath the moon's gentle gaze,
I've learned the truth that sets the soul ablaze.

It's not in gold or glitter that our true worth does lie,
Nor in the accolades that pass with a fleeting sigh.
But in the warmth of a hand held tight, in the softness of a sigh,
In the companionship we crave, that no riches can buy.

I hunger for a connection that transcends time's cruel test,
A love that's woven in the fabric of the chest.
To be needed, to be wanted, not as a hero in a frame,
But for the whispers of my heart, Curtis is my name.

I yearn to give love, in its purest, truest form,
To shelter another from life's relentless storm.
For in giving we receive, in a cycle ever true,
The essence of our being, in the love we pursue.

Let us cherish each other, for this journey is but brief,
In honesty and integrity, we find relief.
Not in the fleeting shadows of material desire,
But in the warmth of love's eternal fire.

So, I stand here dreaming, under the vast, starlit sky,
A soul awakened, with a hopeful sigh.
For it's in love we find our purpose, our true calling's sound,
In the bond unbroken, the companionship profound.

No comments:

Post a Comment