Monday, January 15, 2024

The Unseen


In a world that spins with faces unseen,
A voice whispers, "Stay positive, don't lean
Into the dark." Yet here I sit, quietly unseen,
In a silence so deep, it's almost serene.

They say, "You're good, kind, and more,"
But these words, they echo, an empty lore.
My phone, a silent sentinel by my door,
Never rings to break the silent roar.

Days turn to weeks, in this solitary spree,
No voice to break the monotony.
"Are you okay? Have you eaten today?"
Such simple words, yet they never say.

In this vast world of endless chatter,
My existence, it seems, doesn't matter.
No calls to say, "I love you," no clatter,
Just me and my shadow, and a heart that's shattered.

But they tell us, "Find strength within!"
Yet in this silence, it wears so thin.
Imagine, just for a moment, step in
My shoes, where loneliness is a constant din.

Among billions, not one reaches out,
In this sea of people, I'm lost, no doubt.
So I ask, with a heart heavy and stout,
What's it like to be heard, when I'm just a shout?

No comments:

Post a Comment