Saturday, January 20, 2024

A Letter To Myself


Dear Me,

I'm truly sorry for the times you felt compelled to mend others while your own spirit trembled. I regret not allowing you the space and time you needed to heal. You tirelessly patched up everyone else's wounds, yet we continued to bleed. I regret the days when your smile was a disguise for pain, and you laughed just to keep others from worrying.

I apologize for the nights you wept in solitude, misunderstood and overlooked. I realize now how much you've sacrificed for those who didn't reciprocate your kindness and efforts. It pains me to acknowledge that I have not shown you the love and care you so richly deserve.

Now, I make a heartfelt commitment to you. I promise to put your well-being first, to listen to and validate your emotions. I will be as compassionate and understanding to you as you are to the world. Your value isn't defined by your sacrifices for others, but in how you cherish and respect yourself.

It's okay to be vulnerable and to express your needs. Setting boundaries and taking time for self-care are not only acceptable but essential. Healing isn't a straight path with a clear endpoint. It's an ongoing process, filled with challenges and triumphs, and it's perfectly fine to move through it at your own pace.

Remember, you are deserving of love, particularly self-love. So, I commit to being your strongest ally, your solace in hard times, and your partner in happiness. Together, let's embark on this beautiful journey of self-love and discovery, nurturing our bond every step of the way.

With deep understanding and love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment