Monday, August 29, 2022

Farewell Letters

Throughout my existence, I have penned an immeasurable number of farewell letters. Some stretched across pages, while others scarcely formed a paragraph. Yet, amidst all those countless expressions, I have never truly revealed the core of my anguish. This particular letter is directed at you, but I wish for every person who has crossed paths with me to peruse these words and comprehend the truth, as I am certain they will assume and draw erroneous conclusions on their own. I refuse to allow them to believe that my choice to embark on this path is solely prompted by a trifling breakup. While I have encountered similar situations in the past, none have shattered me as you might surmise. Why? Because, truth be told, I was broken long before our paths ever intertwined.

Throughout my entire existence, I have dwelled in a perpetual state of uncertainty, navigating my days with monotonous tasks that merely serve to fill the void. I have made countless attempts to combat this plight, even resorting to seeking aid from authoritative figures and medical professionals. Alas, nothing has proven efficacious. As a consequence of my desperate endeavors, I have been unfairly labeled an attention seeker, a fabricator of falsehoods, a source of stress, and other disparaging epithets I dare not mention. Such condemnations, hurled my way, have only compounded my feelings of insignificance and remorse. Granted, it is plausible that my decisions and actions may have contributed to the negative perceptions you hold of me. I am genuinely remorseful.

There are myriad other matters for which I extend my apologies, yet this missive is not dedicated to that purpose. I have ceased apologizing to those I have wronged, particularly now that the damage I have caused is irreparable. Understanding that no gesture on my part will ever redeem me in your eyes renders any further attempts futile. This letter serves as an exposé, shedding light upon the truths of my existence, my tumultuous past, and how the cumulative effect of their actions upon me has molded me into the person I have become. Some among you may perceive my chosen path as an indication of weakness. However, from my vantage point, this is the culmination of the justice I have fervently pursued for an extensive duration. I perceive it as a long overdue respite from a life shrouded in confusion, anger, self-loathing, uncertainty, and desolation. This is me seizing control of my own destiny, taking matters into my own hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment