Thursday, July 18, 2024

Farewell

To everyone in this cruel, ugly world,

I'm writing this to say goodbye. I've spent too long trying to understand and fit into a society filled with manipulators, liars, cheaters, and thieves. I used to feel bad because I didn't fit in, but now I see that to fit in, I'd have to lower my standards, and that's something I'll never do.

This world isn’t for me. It’s built on deceit and betrayal, and I refuse to be a part of it any longer. I've kept my integrity and values intact, even when it meant standing alone. The pain of being different, of not conforming to the twisted norms of this society, has weighed heavily on me, but I've always chosen the high road.

Throughout my life, I've encountered people who have done nothing but take advantage of my kindness, manipulate my trust, and betray my faith in humanity. Each encounter has been a harsh reminder of the darkness that pervades this world. From so-called friends who turned their backs on me, to those who lied and cheated their way into my life, each experience has chipped away at my spirit.

I used to believe that there was good in everyone, that somewhere beneath the surface, there was a spark of decency. But time and time again, I've been proven wrong. The world is full of people who would rather step on others to get ahead than extend a hand to help. It's a sad reality, but one I can no longer ignore.

I've fought my battles, faced my demons, and endured more than anyone should have to. But I'm tired. Tired of the constant struggle to maintain my dignity in a world that has none. Tired of trying to find light in the darkness when all that surrounds me is shadows.

To those who have shown me kindness and love, I thank you. You were the rare exceptions in a sea of cruelty. Your presence was a balm to my soul, and I am grateful for the moments of peace and understanding you provided.

But to the rest, to the manipulators, the liars, the cheaters, and the thieves – this is my farewell. You will no longer have the power to hurt me. I am taking my leave from this world that never understood me and never will.

Goodbye to a society that values deceit over honesty, treachery over loyalty, and self-interest over compassion. I choose to hold on to my principles, my sense of right and wrong, even if it means walking this path alone.

Farewell.

Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment