Monday, June 10, 2024

I Turned

I've lived my life with steady hands,
Not one raised in anger's demands.
From school bullies in days gone by,
To all I've met, my peace would tie.

No one here can say they've seen,
My wrath, my fury, or my mean.
But dawn has brought a darker thought,
A hurt so deep, my soul has fought.

For the first time, I feel this fire,
A burning rage, a fierce desire.
To break, to hurt, to see them bleed,
To watch them suffer, meet my need.

Yet in this storm, I seek a way,
To turn the night back into day.
To heal the wounds that pain has borne,
And find my way through anger's thorn.

I'll grasp the tools, the strength to bend,
And on this path, I'll find my end.
For in my heart, I still believe,
That healing comes when we don't grieve.

Though anger knocks, I will transcend,
And choose to heal, my heart to mend.
For though I feel this fire within,
I'll rise above, let peace begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment