Thursday, March 14, 2024

I Will Take It


On a day shrouded in shadows, veiled in silent strife,
When fate unwound its harsh decree upon my angel's life.
The news fell like autumn leaves, with a cruel, ungentle sting,
My heart heard the silence of an angel robbed of wings.

In the garden of our lives, where love had freely grown,
A storm brewed in secret, its fury yet unknown.
To the world, I showed a fortress, unyielding, strong, and bright,
But within my soul’s cloister, I battled through the night.

"Why her?" I railed at heavens, in a silent, inward scream,
"She, who’s nurtured life, now bears this unseen dream.
Four beautiful blossoms she tenderly brought to light,
Now faces her twilight years in an unjust fight."

Her smile, a beacon of hope, amidst the encroaching gloom,
Her strength, a testament, in facing impending doom.
Yet, in the quiet of the night, to the stars, I plead and say,
"Take this burden from her, let me bear it, I pray."

"Let my shoulders carry the weight, let my spirit face the test,
For she’s the heart of our home, the architect of our nest.
In the golden years meant for rest, peace, and love’s embrace,
She stands in the storm, with courage, dignity, and grace."

God, in your infinite wisdom, where pain and love entwine,
Hear a humble plea, let her suffering be mine.
Ease her journey, lift her spirit, grant her wings to soar,
For she is an angel, deserving of so much more.

As seasons change and years will pass, whatever may come to be,
Together we’ll navigate this path, her hand clasped in mine, eternally.
In love’s eternal garden, where true strength is found,
We stand united, unbroken, on this hallowed ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment