Saturday, February 24, 2024

Are You Ok

I sit here, shattered, spirit deflated,  
In a room where shadows and memories mated.  
My heart, once buoyant, now sinks in despair,  
For a love so pure, it seems wildly unfair.

She, the tempest, my soul's fervent plea,  
Tried to cage me with bars, yet I yearn to be free.  
To love her was effortless, as natural as breath,  
Yet she danced with the idea of my societal death.

I've aimed to hate, to let anger ignite,  
But my heart refuses, it clings to her tight.  
In the darkness, I whisper to the stars above,  
I hope she's wrapped in warmth, in the arms of love.

I wish her joy, not the shadows of my pain,  
For to dim her light would be my heart's bane.  
Let her be merry, let her laughter ring,  
Even if it means my own heart's suffering.

I'm a prisoner of a love unreciprocated,  
In this cell, my heart's hope has never faded.  
Though she sought to chain me in despair,  
I breathe for her wellbeing, her happiness my prayer.

So here I remain, in love's cruel jest,  
A warrior defeated, yet unwilling to rest.  
For in the depths of love's relentless fire,  
Lies the truth of my unyielding, eternal desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment