Saturday, June 19, 2021

Edgar Allan Poe at his best.


 

Some of the best reading ever!


IT's TRUE! YES, I HAVE BEEN ILL, very ill.

 

But why do you say that I have lost control of my mind, why do you say that I am mad? Can you not see that I have full control of my mind? Is it not clear that I am not mad? Indeed, the illness only made my mind, my feelings, my senses stronger, more powerful. My sense of hearing especially became more powerful. I could hear sounds I had never heard before. I heard sounds from heaven; and I heard sounds from hell! 

Listen! Listen, and I will tell you how it happened. You will see, you will hear how healthy my mind is.





The Tell Tale Heart 0.; 2013. https://americanenglish.state.gov/files/ae/resource_files/the_tell-tale_heart_0.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment